Sunday, August 27, 2006

tHE uNENLIGHTENMENT*

I just had an unconscious thought, or did I. Did I have an unconscious thought, thought unconsciously? What is unconscious thought, but a thought, thought consciously unconscious? How would I know that I thought a thought at all, a conscious thought, thought unconsciously? How would I know whether all thoughts aren’t unconscious to start with, consciously unconscious? Where is the translation from unconscious to conscious, from conscious to unconscious? Isn’t all thought, whether conscious or unconscious, a translation of a thought, thought consciously unconscious? I blame this all on dialectics, rather, on the enlightenment of enlightenment, the dialectics of enlighten enlightenment. It is 12.48 in the morning and I am thoughtlessly thoughtless, thinking thoughts that are neither one nor the other, neither conscious nor unconscious, but rather a confluence of the two, an unconscious-consciousness. Perhaps I am the confluence and not the thoughts, neither one nor the other, neither conscious nor unconscious. It is now 12.53 in the morning and I have yet to have a satisfying thought, conscious or unconscious, or consciously unconscious, or a confluence of the two. Perhaps I am the dialectic, the enlightened enlightenment, the dialectic that is neither enlightened nor enlightening, or a confluence of the two. I just had a thought, or did I.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz