Wednesday, August 30, 2006

tHE oTHER oTHER dAY*

The other day, not yesterday, but the other day, I ate an entire bar of chocolate while riding the bus. It was crackled with burnt almonds, very chocolaty indeed, dark, so the wrapper announced, and tasted splendid. It was, dare I say, a tremendous bar of chocolate, a fine example of confectionary panache. I enjoy, no lavish in a good bar of chocolate, and see no reason to deny myself the pleasure, even when pleasuring is such a complicated commerce. Tomorrow, not today, but another day, should I see fit, I might selfsame the selfsame act, and eat entire bar of chocolate entirely, and with great commerce of pleasure. Pleasuring, after all, is a most pleasing obsession.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz