Friday, September 01, 2006

aQUAINTED wITH aQUINAS*

The callus on my lighter thumb is a wasteland of horror. What would Aquinas say if anything at all? Thomistic irreverence, I know, but one of the first order, a transcendent transcendence, a theism without a deity, a first-principle, an analogous analogy; from beneath the scuttle of my thoughts a notion without a precept, a moralistic immorality, a agnostic agnosticism. Now that I am rereading Aquinas I know how first-principles work, they are firstly, the scaffolding on which Babel rests, the dais deism. There is something comforting about this, faith taken in faith, a comforting comfort, a reprieve from the day-today day. Now that I have Aquinas I have a belief in faith, a faithful faith in faith.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz