Sunday, March 11, 2007

Daylight Savings

This morning before pushing the clock forward I daubed nail polish remover onto my eyelids to ensure a good night’s sleep and to remove a discouraging blemish that has been dogging me for years. Should this prove a failure, and by all rights foolhardy, I will peal the lids from my eyes and begin again, this time with turpentine or a mild abrasive. You see, I have no use for my eyes, and being a man of temperance and fair mood see no good reason not to scourge myself of them once and for all. And furthermore, this will ensure that I sleep well past noon, and if I’m lucky, well into next week.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
"Poetry is the short-circuiting of meaning between words, the impetuous regeneration of primordial myth". Bruno Schulz